Sunday, March 23, 2008

■ Pyar To Hona Hi Tha

Second year in college, I stormed into M's room. He was busy analyzing market trends with the edition of Economic Times and G was caught ogling at the full blown picture of Kareena Kapoor on the entertainment page of TOI. Adrenalin rushing within, glitter in my eyes, I was excited to break the news. I took a deep breath and declared - 'I am in Love'! Incidentally things did not happen the way as I had expected. Their reaction was plain, more or less on the lines of Jai, when Veeru disclosed that he had fallen for Basanti. M gave me the 'tell me something new' expression while G nodded his head and went back to what he was doing.

The phenomenon of me falling in love dates back to the days when I was introduced to this four lettered magical word. I was in love with a girl in first grade when she shared a family-pack of Dairy Milk chocolate with me. I fell for another girl in third grade  when I broke her pencil-box but she never complained to the teacher and it was definitely something cooking in sixth grade when one allowed me to copy her assignment solutions. Well there had been numerous others but they never got the time to develop, either I would change the school or the girl would have to leave the city as her dad got transferred. Zalim zamana!

College life and love was in the air! G found his love-at-first-sight with the girl, he had met on the first day of college, C ended up with his childhood friend, K found his suitable match and S was charmed by intelligence. M would not settle anything less than Ash, thus continued his search. As for me, after a lot of thought process, I narrowed down to 6. As time passed, the number kept decreasing. I had to let go some of them, coz few had the impression that they were Bipasha and were born to be destined only with John Abraham. Some had brothers who looked like Mike Tyson and would not regret a bit to break the neck of any guy they found in close proximity of their sisters. By the time college ended, I was back to square one.

Right now I am blogging from the university cafeteria on my laptop. There is this girl sitting across the table in front of me. Shez the same girl, I had seen y'day at the bus stop. She is adorable. A tactful glimpse at her and I found her giggling at me! I wonder is it coz of the way I am munching those finger chips. She has put on an aqua top which happens to be my fave color. The novel on her table read 'The Hound of the Baskervilles'. Didn't I mention that I admire Sherlock Holmes? I wonder if this is a mere coincidence.

Let me wrap up fast as she is leaving. Wait a sec! she has left her handkerchief! Is that a mistake or done intentionally! There can't be so many coincidences, its definitely a sign. May be it has her name embroidered on it. Wonder what her name would be, who cares ? I am fine even if her name is Vaijanthimala! Let me go and grab it. May be this is the girl I have been waiting for. May be this is the person I am destined to spend the rest of my life with. I am excited! let me call up M and G and give them the good news. Dude, I am definitely in love!


1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

aaj pooja kal koi dooja!! (c) DCH :-)
- M

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online